



Every Good Friday, after morning worship, I head to the Reifel Bird Sanctuary for a great peaceful walk and time of exploration. Last year it was with Alex, my little four year old "nephew" who likes to look for penguins and flamingalos. We didn't find any of those last year.....maybe this year?? So last Friday Cindy (Alex's Mom) and I headed off to the try again. It was a REALLY windy day and that added to the fun. The bonus was that we were basically the only people around. The ducks were friendly and at one point I had a whole group walking with me. We also saw 4 herons, a beaver dam, red jays and one pair of very loud Canadian geese. It's nesting time so we were glad to give them some food as a way to escape their aggressive defense techniques. We spent a couple of hours walking the paths and discovering the beauty. No luck with penguins or flamingalos however so I guess we'll be back next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment