Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Materialistic Stuff

Yesterday was Tuesday and it was a really great day! I spent many hours with my realtor checking out properties, neighbourhoods and show homes. I find it really interesting checking out other homes which obviously involve a variety of styles, rooms and decorating ideas. I found one place that I could easily see myself living in. The kitchen was beautiful and the backyard had lots of potential which are the two places in a home that are most important to me. (Cooking and Gardening anyone?) At this point I am just looking with no plans to bid until mid-September.
In my home I continue to purge. I've been purging for months now. It feels like it never ends but I always seem to create a pile of stuff that I don't need anymore. I am constantly trying to become a simplistic, only own what you will use, type of person. I am not a hoarder but there are always things to give away. Just tonight I went through my cookbooks and books and have yet another pile to take to the Thrift Store. After all "one persons junque is another persons treasure".

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kerry! I bet you would get so much enjoyment out of a nice backyard. Think of all the veggies you could grow! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete