Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mini Golf & Milk

I love being "Aunty Kerry". Obviously I have no siblings but being an aunt to my friend's children is the most amazing thing to be! I have been blessed to be involved in the lives of three boys since the day they were born. Back in June we set aside August 29th as a big outing day with the 11, 6 and 4 year olds. We spent a good part of the day at Castle Fun Park (a great big arcade/game place with everything from mini golf to baseball, boat racing and bowling). It was a great place especially as there was something for everyone. I had fun practicing my swing in the baseball area and I fulfilled my aunty duties, partnering up twice for go-kart runs. I think I had the brightest helmet on in the entire place and the bumpiest car on the track but it was fun!

After lunch, we went on an entirely different adventure. Another friend of mine is apart of a farming family and I made arrangements for us to visit her dairy farm during milking time. The boys had never been to a farm before so this was an exciting experience! We saw baby cows including the newest ones just three months old. We fed "teenager" cows some dry food consisting of corn and oats. We watched the first set of 90 cows get milked including one that was 123 days into her pregnancy. I think the milking was the coolest part of our visit and the boys talked about it all the way home. It was fascinating to see how quickly one cow can be milked; roughly four minutes producing 20 liters. This was my second visit to the farm and I can't wait to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment