This Sunday will be the Third Sunday of Advent and the day that we focus on Joy. My Senior Youth Group will be leading the entire worship service and we have chosen the theme of Mary. Specifically Luke's Gospel with Mary's Song also known as Mary the Magnificat. The "sermon" time will be a combination of stories written and shared by teens about women who have positively supported them through difficult times.
In my planning for this service I came across a beautiful song called Mary and written by Patty Griffin. I also found a YouTube clip that someone else created. I've decided not to use it in worship for a few reasons; one being that some pictures may make men in particular uncomfortable. However I encourage you all to take five minutes of your day and watch it and listen to the words of the song. It really is beautiful.
Got to www.youtube.com and type in Advent 3 Meditation
No comments:
Post a Comment