Saturday, January 23, 2010

Adoption Update

Will 2010 be the year? Next week marks 30 months since I began the adoption process.

30 months....

It hasn't been easy and at times I have felt incredibly frustrated with the whole thing however I continue to wait with anticipation, hope and patience. In mid-March I will be assigned a new adoption worker serving the Fraser Valley (where I now live for those of you not in BC). This further delay is to give me time to get my house organized since moving in late November; a request of my current adoption worker. I am determined to continue so whatever is required I will do.

I met with my adoption worker today. She said that there are lots of children in the system right now however there haven't been any recent inquiries about my file. So in other words, nobody has expressed interest. My worker has been checking children's files but has yet to come up with a match. It's really an awkward and somewhat prejudice process.

So I ask for prayer this day. If you are one to pray then please pray for my adoption and for the children in this world who just want and need loving homes. I think of the 154 children arriving in Canada today from Haiti, who will soon be adopted by new loving parents. What a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment