Vancouver hosts the Winter Olympics for the next 17 days and the opening ceremonies are today. I have to work tonight so I won't see the ceremonies unless I can find them online tomorrow. Many of my friends went to the rehearsal and said it was great. Apparently there is a unique version of "O Canada" so I'll be interested to hear more about that. I have other friends who are going to the ceremonies tonight. They paid $1100.00 each for their tickets. Amazing!
Sad news out of Whistler today with the death of a Luger. A huge tragedy for the country of Georgia and for the athletic community. My thoughts and prayers go to the family.
I missed seeing the Olympic torch when it came through my city and although I am not in favour of the Olympics I am putting on my patriotic hat and getting into the Canadian spirit. I will definitely have my TV on for the Men's Hockey games.
No comments:
Post a Comment