It's been a long time since I last posted on my blog. My life has continued to be busy with exciting things. Exciting things like travel, a drumming class, choir practice and a week of vacation bible school. It seems like each day brings something new and something to look forward to. I have so much to be thankful for. I have a great fullness in my life and sometimes wonder what quiet and boring feels like. I also sometimes forget to be really thankful until a situation puts my great life into perspective.
This week has been a short work week due to Labour Day so our office has only been open for three days. Just three days and we've already given out food to ten different households who came in for support. Today it was a family with two adults and five children. Our food cupboard is for emergenices and it broke my heart to hear that parents didn't have food for school lunches. Luckily there are some amazing people in the church who bring in donations all the time and someone just brought in granola bars and juice boxes this morning. It's nice to think that tomorrow five children will wake up and be able to pack a lunch in their school bag and head to class. What an exciting day for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment