Thursday, September 10, 2009
First Wedding, here we go!
I leave tomorrow morning on a road trip up to a valley about three hours from my home. Saturday I will officiate my very first wedding for a beautiful and amazing family. The ceremony will happen in a small little barn on the "Schoolhouse Farm". I can hardly wait! I've been preparing for weeks, practicing every night and last weekend spent an entire day sewing a stole (like a sash) to wear over my alb (like a gown). The service will be short, probably a half hour followed by dinner and a dance. Sunday morning I will wake up as the sun rises and drive home just in time for worship. It's our big fall kick-off Sunday so I can't miss it. What a great weekend it will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope you take pictures of the farm to post. I am sure it is lovely! Good luck!
ReplyDelete