"Make a Joyful Noise" is the famous Psalm 100 scripture passage.
This week I went for a walk in a local park. It was a beautiful autumn day with the wind blowing and the sun shining. As I walked this scripture popped into my mind and I came home and wrote my own version. Here it is.
Walking through the forest, a joyful noise.
wind blowing, leaves crunching, children laughing in the distance.
Sun peeking through the trees.
I look up. Waaaay up....two squirrels, cracking nuts, shells dropping to the floor.
Thump.
Rose Garden with buds shining red, orange and yellow colours. Is it really nearly November?
Petting zoo empty. No sign of life. A place of story from weeks gone past. I wonder where the animals are? I listen for birds....none. I hear trees blowing in the wind.
A man appears from another path. All wrapped up in warm clothing and a toque.I wonder where he is going. What is his story? I look at him to offer a smile, he walks by, no eye contact, humming a song.
I think to myself, God is good. God is sooooo good!
Then... I look down.
Shining in the light....chestnuts!! Like a child, I begin a treasure hunt. Gathering, collecting, feeling their smooth skin. I imagine cooking them on a fire.
I stand up, bright sun on my face. I give thanks for silent moments. God's sheer beauty.
No comments:
Post a Comment