My project this week has been to revamp and update the worship bags (a.k.a quiet bags) for children who come to worship each Sunday. We have 19 hooks (there were 20 but one hook went missing) with bags for each hook filled with "quiet" things to keep younger children occupied during the worship service. Generally children are only in the service for the first fifteen minutes before they head to their Sunday School class but sometimes services don't include Sunday School.
The previous staff person created bags with mini signs saying they were for 2-5 year olds so I am going to continue that plan. The bags had a mix of cars, animals, blocks and stuffed animals to play with. Recently I noticed some of the bags were in bad shape (torn, stains etc.) and with the H1N1 scare I think its time to give all the bags and toys a good cleaning.
After doing a ton of research on the internet I've decided the new bags will include:
pipe cleaners, popsicle sticks and fun Christian stickers
blocks (somebody donated a brand new box of blocks)
crayons and a notebook
a storybook
and possibly some new little toys (cars, dolls)
And....for the 5-7 year olds Iwill be assembling mini flannel boards with cutouts of biblical stories. How cool is that?? I can't take the credit however because I didn't come up with the idea.
I can't wait to see the smiles that they bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment