Sunday, January 17, 2010

On Retreat

I begin my annual spiritual retreat this afternoon on Bowen Island. A beautiful small island off of North Vancouver and a twenty minute boat ride. It's a special place and one that I love to visit. When not at the retreat centre (which is an incredible place of its own!) I will spend time in the chocolate shop, cafe, pottery store and art gallery. As it's an island, the art scene is booming and there are always really neat things to look at. There is also a great lake to hike around. I always think its neat to have a lake in the middle of a small island so when you go walking you can see the ocean or the lake. The work I will be doing while on retreat will be program planning. I also have a bunch of new books to check out. On Tuesday I will spend a couple of hours with a spiritual director. What a gift!

1 comment: